Monday, 13 April 2009

Happy Easter



Not being a religious person, Easter means nothing to me but it does signal the beginning of Spring, my favorite time of year, so I always look forward to it. This weekend Jenny was away visiting her daughters so I was on my own (with Murphy). The weather was brilliant, almost summery on the beach and with the arrival of the hordes of holiday makers I was even tempted to break out the Williams shorts. I thought better of it in the end. I didn't want to scare away our other regular Summer visitors due any time now, a pair of swallows who nest in my car port every year. I managed to complete a commission on Friday and created this pencil work over the rest of the weekend. I've called it 'Bring Me Sunshine' as it reminds me of that dance Eric and Ern used to do to that song.....


Bring me Sunshine, in your smile. Bring me laughter, all the while. In this world where we live, there should be more happiness. So much joy you can give, to each brand new bright tomorrow.

Make me happy, through the years. Never bring me, any tears. Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above. Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.


Bring me Sunshine, in your eyes. Bring me rainbows, from the skies. Life's too short to be spent having anything but fun. We can be so content, if we gather little sunbeams.


Be light-hearted, all day long. Keep me singing, happy songs. Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above. Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.

I thankyou.

No comments: