Thursday, 7 May 2009

Playing with my Camera

Now I've got a reasonable digital camera, I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use it along with it's accompanying software. My results are always very average but I'm learning a lot and it's fun to do. I certainly respect 'good' photography and photographers now, it might look easy but there's a lot more to it than I previously thought. I don't think I'll make a career out of it but it's an enjoyable diversion for me. I was practicing with the Macro setting on my camera so shot an image of this little fairy model which is about 3 inches high and was sitting in a plant pot in the garden. The log was a piece of driftwood I had picked up on the beach which I shot seperately and I already had an old picture of the bluebell woods. So I merged them together to create this composition, then added a few effects and filters via my photoshop elements software. I think the result is quite good (if you like that sort of thing) The bad news, while replacing the fairy back into it's pot I managed to snap off her leg. Digital photography........good fun for an amateur........dangerous for fairies!

This next one I took on Thorpeness beach, the sky effect makes it quite moody and I added colour to the pebbles to accentuate the impression of that powerful reflected light. I went to the trouble of getting a print made of this one and it looks good in it's gold frame above my loo.

No comments: