Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Favorite Time of Year

This is one of my favorite times of the year now. All of the holiday makers have gone back home, the kids are back at school and we have this wonderful corner of Suffolk almost to ourselves. The weather is just how I like it, blustery yet still warm. The wildlife is still about, the days are still reasonably long and you can get served in the cafes and pubs again without queuing!

I had a cracking good day yesterday. I worked on a pencil drawing all morning which is going really well, pictures to follow later if I get it finished today. Out for a walk with Murphy down at Sizewell in the afternoon I spotted my first Adder of the year. I look for them all Summer as this is prime habitat for adders with the sand dunes, heather, long and short grasses. So far this year I've been unlucky (they're often quite tricky to find) but yesterday I spotted a beautiful female, possibly the largest I've seen at about 70cm so I went home chuffed as they'll be hibernating soon and I'd just about given up looking.


No comments: