Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Triumphant


With time at a bit of a premium lately, I decided to do a quick 'impressionistic' style watercolour today. Whenever I do these I try to get as much of a sensation of movement as possible. This I do by incorporating a few lost edges, some blurred and faded areas and very importantly, splashes of colour such as Viridian green and red, strategically placed to get the eye moving around the composition. With the splashes of mud or gravel added at the end it all comes together quite well. This painting took around two and a half hours in total, a satisfying mornings work.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I really like this. The movement is well depicted and your "drawing" skills are wonderful.

Peter Williams said...

Thanks Jo, I was really pleased how this one turned out. I'm glad I'm not the only one.