Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Fade To Black

While you've all been stuffing yourselves over the Christmas break, with a possible one man show in the not too distant future, I've been hard at work on this new pencil piece! I plundered yet another reference photograph from the Wet Canvas reference library (what a great resource that is)
Next I carried out a bit of jiggery pokery in photoshop, playing with a few ideas until I had a rough idea of what I wanted to produce.
Below is my finished artwork. It's a large piece this one, measuring 24 x 16 inches before mounting and framing. I'm hoping to organise an exhibition locally soon (details TBA) which is going to feature predominantly pencil work and this should make a nice centrepiece for the show.


3 comments:

Pat said...

Your pencils are so realistic - I can feel the cat's eye upon me! Gorgeous work.

Beryl said...

The detailed texture work in your picture is amazing. I love looking at your work.

Peter Williams said...

Thank you Pat and welcome Beryl, nice to hear from you.