Tuesday, 16 March 2010

David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation Wildlife Artist Of The Year

Some great news today! My painting 'High And Mighty' has been shortlisted for the DSWF Wildlife Artist Of The Year 2010. The competition is open to professionals and amateurs worldwide, there are literally thousands of entries which are judged by a panel. 

The shortlisted entries will be exhibited at the Mall Galleries, London 24th-29th May where they will be for sale. This is a high profile exhibition and anyone who is anyone in wildlife conservation circles will be at the preview evening, where 50% of sales go to the DSWF to help endangered species around the world.

Last year I created several pieces with this competition in mind and selected two to enter. The other one I entered was this pencil work, 'Pride', which actually I thought stood a better chance of getting in. Still, what do I know! 
This is a great coup for me and I am thrilled to be shortlisted. You never know I may win a prize! although to be honest, just being shortlisted is a win for me.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Wow, wow, wow!
Many congratulations. What a great honour to be on the shortlist. And the Mall galleries - you must be thrilled to bits.
Delighted for you :)

Tina Ashton said...

Fantastic news Pete! So excited for you, this painting is magnificent and I for one would not be at all surprised if you won a prize with it. You certainly deserve it! Mall Galleries... Fab venue.. Good luck & Very Well done Pete!

mike finley said...

Congratulations Peter - and well deserved! Good luck with the judges.

An hớn said...

I love it!
:X
I like paiting eagles because layout, color, and form.
Great!

Andrea Farmer said...

Well done Peter!!! Fabulous news and well deserved. A lovely painting. Good luck!