Sunday, 18 April 2010

Another Solo Exhibition Booked.

My solo show at the Karen Lear gallery in Leiston was a great success, even though I had to start from scratch and organise everything from publicity to picture nails. As the venue hadn't been used for art exhibitions before it was a bit of a lottery as to how it would turn out.

So, with confidence high, for my second major exhibition of the year I've taken the plunge and booked a week at a proper posh gallery in Aldeburgh from July 23rd. It will be at the Aldeburgh Cinema Gallery which I called in to visit earlier this week.


I Think it is a superb place to exhibit, a beautiful room awash with natural light, a lovely vaulted ceiling and great facilities. The tables and chairs in the photograph will be taken out and I will have a few display easels and browsers instead to supplement the generous hanging space available.

Although in a slightly quieter position, I prefer it to the Peter Pears Gallery in Aldeburgh which was another option I considered. This will be a bit of a step up the ladder for me and my outlay will be quite high but fingers crossed it'll work out OK. I'll post more details nearer the time.

I'll need at least 50 pieces to make a good show so now I need to get creating as my stock of original work is a bit depleted.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Looks like a great space for an exhibition. Wish you all the best for July xx

Vicki Greene said...

I will be looking forward to seeing a post after July on how great your show was!

Andrea Farmer said...

Wow. What a great space. Best of luck! ;)

Ron said...

Best wishes on a successful show. With the quality of your work, I can't imagine it not being a success!