Thursday, 22 April 2010

Tiger Portrait Finished!

'A Shadow Falls' 16 x 16 inches pencil on Stonehenge paper.

Well, I got it finished today after all. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out in the end.

Using Stonehenge paper with it's subtle texture allows me to work a bit more loosely and with much deeper tones than the Bristol board I often use. Therefore I think this portrait is a bit more dramatic than the absolute photorealism I sometimes go for.

I wanted something to act as a centre piece and to make a good impact at my next exhibition, now that my 'Pride' drawing has gone. I think, once framed, that this will fit the bill.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Gorgeous!
Love the pensive feeling in this portrait.

mooaany said...

This is so beautiful and truly portrays the majesty of this amazing creature!

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

stunning work

Sophie said...

Oh wow, that will surely make an impact at your exhibition! You do amazing work, especially the graphite stuff.