Monday, 16 August 2010

Southwold Craft Fair

Well my three days at Southwold was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The Methodist Church hall where it was held, although quite small, is a well lit and attractive room and in a prime position opposite the brewery and close to the Sole Bay Inn so foot fall was high and constant (coupled with a very attractive beery smell!)

Although I only sold one original painting, I did sell several prints and dozens of my new greetings cards which went down a treat. They will serve me well for self promotion and I look forward to increasing my selection as finances allow. To be honest, I wouldn't have cared too much if I didn't sell a thing as I'm getting to know the other stall holders quite well and the banter was good. I'm also getting a bit better at talking about my work to the general public, something I've always struggled with.

I took along my large wolf portrait for display which attracted constant attention all week-end. (I began counting on Saturday and was asked 15 times how long it took!)






Sunday didn't start until noon so, having arrived fairly early I took the opportunity to wander around with my camera to see what I could come up with. I'm by no means a photographer but I got one or two nice shots which may get printed or painted at some time in the future.
 
















Now I have to get ready for my next solo show in Aldeburgh Cinema Gallery starting on 27th August.

1 comment:

Andrea Farmer said...

Ooowh, my parents were visiting Southwold this very weekend. I wonder if they visited the craft fair??? What a small world. They will certainly remember your work is they did. ;)