Wednesday, 18 August 2010

A Splash Of Colour

At last I've had a chance to create a new painting! Having sold my recent kingfisher painting 'A Flash Of Brilliance', I decided to do another similar one. I only had today to do it so it was a case of working quickly in my wet-into-wet style, then adding a bit of detail at the end to bring it together. Lastly I added some white gouache of various strengths to create the effect of the water splashes.

This one measures about 15 x 10 inches and soon will be mounted in black before framing in a wide, hand waxed pale natural wood frame which I already have ready. Not a bad days work I think.

4 comments:

Lorna Storey said...

That is simply gorgeous, bound to sell very quickly.

Carolann said...

Amazing, hope to get to see it for real!

Dors said...

Stunning work Peter. I really love what you have achieved here.

sue said...

I'm amazed at what you can achieve in just one day! Brilliant