Saturday, 11 September 2010

The House In The Clouds....completed

I managed to get this one finished today, my first landscape in pencil.

More used to creating lively wildlife drawings with plenty of movement or detailed portraiture, I found that this was a lot more challenging than I though it was going to be. I didn't want to over use the ruler as it might then have resembled a technical drawing, but at the same time I had to maintain a level of accuracy so that the buildings looked realistic and not too wobbly. The foliage and undergrowth also took a long time, the only easy bit was the sky!

After all said and done though, I quite enjoyed creating this and will be producing more similar local scenes in the future.

I shall be framing it tomorrow and will have it ready for display at my next craft fair in The Jubilee Hall in Aldeburgh (just up the road from this scene) toward the end of next month, although it's already for sale on the Mighty Fine Art website.

3 comments:

sue said...

Oh Wow!

I love the atmospheric, autumnal feeling you've achieved here. Lovely work!

Mimi said...

Before I read your comments, I thought it was a photograph, amazing, you did an excellent job. Looking forward to seeing more. Congratulations.

Nancy Goldman said...

This is stunning. I think you should continue with your landscape drawings. I can't believe this is your first one!