Friday, 22 October 2010

Still Water Runs Deep

Here is the finished tiger portrait. I wasn't sure I'd get it done before the weekend but thankfully had a good day today with it. Several aspects of this drawing are really pleasing to me (looking at it technically from the artist's point of view) The sky and particularly the water as I've done these without using any reference at all. The reference photographs of the tiger were of him standing in a wire enclosure so I've adjusted the fur on the lower areas to look wet. I'm looking forward to seeing it framed although I won't be able to do it until next week.

3 comments:

sue said...

The swimming tiger has turned out beautifully - I really like the moonlit sky effect.

I love Big Cats. I'm sneaking a few into my own portfolio in between the 'bread & butter' commissions :o)

Dors said...

Stunning work Peter as always. I would find that so difficult to adjust the fur that is falling into the water. Amazing.

Your the best. Incredible work.

Andrea Farmer said...

FANTASTIC!! :)