Wednesday, 17 November 2010

On The Drawing Board This Week cont'd

....and here is the finished drawing. It's 16 x 11.5 inches pencil on Bristol board.

I found it surprisingly difficult to draw the upside down lioness, kept on forgetting which way the fur should lie! I thoroughly enjoyed doing this one though, my only regret is that I didn't make it much larger. Once framed it will be offered for sale on the Mighty Fine Art website at a RIDICULOUS price :-) I've also added this image to Imagekind.com so if anyone over the pond wants a print they are available there.

I've sold out of tigers again so may well be doing another soon, although I have some nice reference material depicting African hunting dogs which I'd like to get on with sooner rather than later. I'll see how I feel.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Oh, I just love that upside-down one! Love it. Great picture.

Andrea Farmer said...

Wow! That is amazing Peter. I love the way you have captured the expressions on their faces. :)