Thursday, 10 February 2011

Streaming Koi

I completed this watercolour today. It's from a reference photograph from the 'Paint My Photo' website. Some might recognise it as I did a very similar painting a while back which I liked enough to hang on my own wall, but it sold very quickly. So, as I have a frame of the correct size and shape already which I think will suit this painting well, I decided to have another go. As is often the case with second attempts, I don't think it's quite as pleasing as the first, lacking a bit of the effect of movement. But I still quite like it so I'll get it into it's frame later and upload to my website.

Here is the first one for comparison.
Spot the difference!

2 comments:

Andrea Farmer said...

Amazing! I love these.

Joanne said...

I love this - nature has such a way with colour.