Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Birds Of A Feather

I used a couple of different photographs from the Paint My Photo website for this painting which is watercolour on paper.

There was an exhibition by Maggi Hambling during the Winter in Aldeburgh which was all Cormorants (paintings and sculptures) which went down well. We have a lot of cormorants here along this coast and, as I also have an exhibition in Aldeburgh coming up in April, I thought I'd also put in some cormorants. I'll get at least a couple more done before the show. This one is quite large at 23 x 16 inches, I'll make the next ones smaller and of course they will be about one tenth the price of Ms. Hamblings!

2 comments:

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

I love this, beautifully rendered and captures the humor that cormorants always seem to suggest!

Art From Books said...

Great piece! well done