Monday, 18 April 2011

Run Like The Wind

Probably my last piece for a couple of weeks or so, this is 16 x 12 inches watercolour on 140lb cold pressed watercolour paper. I'm quite pleased with this although looking at it now I wish I had gone for some slightly more intense colours. What do you reckon? I was trying to come up with something like this previous
painting which I created last year and which I've always liked. I think it will probably look better once I get it into the frame I have ready for it tomorrow, then it's the final preparations for my exhibition which I will be setting up in the gallery on Thursday morning ready for opening on Friday.

I'm looking forward to this exhibition more than usual as I will be sharing the space with my talented friend Thom Jones's wood carvings and sculptures. I reckon our respective works are going to compliment each other really well and I won't be losing much in the way of wall space by sharing. If it goes well we will be doing a few more joint exhibitions through the Summer.

1 comment:

Roger Brown My Botswana Art said...

This is one of my favorite paintings of yours,great work some of it is really different and unique ;)