Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Edge Of Darkness....completed

Here is the finished charcoal drawing which I've been working on this week. I've entitled it 'Edge Of Darkness' which I think suits the portrait visually as well as hinting at the plight of the lions in the wild at the moment.

This has been created with charcoal pencils on Stonehenge paper with finishing touches of white pastel, 17 x 16 inches, based on a reference photograph by Billy Dodson of Savanna Images.

Crikey! that was quite hard work. I shall now be putting my arm in a sling and taking a break from drawing for a few days.

Meanwhile this portrait will be mounted and framed and up for sale on the Mighty Fine Art website shortly.

3 comments:

Julia Ruffles | wildlife animal artist said...

I love your choice of title, another visually stunning piece, gosh I wish I had your speed!:) Jules

Renee Catherine Wittmann said...

Simply amazing work ...he is stunning and beautiful!

Tracy Hall said...

Beautiful Peter! Hope your arm recovers quickly :)