Monday, 6 June 2011

On The Drawing Board.............

Not a work-in-progress as such but I took a scan of this latest drawing at this point to help me see where I am going next with the composition, so thought I'd upload it here.

I'm drawing a couple of Suffolk Punches which I hope will be of interest when I attend the Suffolk Punch Trust show at the Hollesley Bay Colony Stud in July. Quite large at 21 x 14 inches I'm using graphite pencils on Stonehenge paper. This has taken far longer than anticipated, mainly because of all of the tack and paraphernalia associated with this scene, quite a bit still to go. I won't be working on it for a couple of days now due to other commitments so time to pause and take time to see where I go next with it. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to put to the right of the horses. Already it's looking very busy so I think I will simplify the sky a bit and maybe have some suggestions of shrubbery and trees to the right. We'll see, any ideas or suggestions?


No comments: