Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Spot the deliberate mistake....

Reading a post on a forum I belong to where an artist had realised she had in her painting of a row of gondolas, more bows than sterns, reminded me of this drawing of Rory Gallagher I did a couple of years ago called 'Edged In Blue



My mistake wasn't pointed out to me until well after the picture had sold, I hadn't noticed it at all. In my reference photo it's easy to see how the mistake was made, but even so it came as a bit of a bombshell when it was eventually pointed out to me.


Can anyone else see it? I'm saying nothing.....

4 comments:

sue said...

Brilliant picture Peter.

Finger missing left hand?

I've done the same sort of thing with a trio of ladies I drew a couple of years back - missed off half the design on one of the ladies' dresses!

Julia Ruffles | fine artist said...

I'm not sure as the image is quite small but...are you missing a finger?!Jules

Peter Williams said...

It's amazing isn't it. You get so engrossed in what you are doing and something like this slips through. Just goes to show the importance of leaving something for a few days, then having a final assessment before calling it finished. I shudder to think what else is out there!

Julia Ruffles | fine artist said...

I've sometimes gone on autopilot and actually painted dust marks that are on the computer screen too!oops :) Jules