Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Welcome Shade

Despite the weather being so hot this week, I managed to complete this quick watercolour today. I used this same reference from the Wet Canvas library for a very detailed pencil work a couple of years ago, but it was very nice to get out my paints again after a bit of a lay off. I went for a loose style but couldn't resist slightly enhancing the detail around the lions head with my pastel pencils. This measures about 21 x 14 inches on Arches Aquarelle paper and will shortly be up for sale on the Mighty Fine Art website. It may also be on display at the forthcoming event at the new Kenya Crafts Shop as mentioned in my previous blog.

3 comments:

aikatherine said...

fantastinen

Julia Ruffles | fine artist said...

WOW Peter I love him! The colours are sensational and kick out the heat :) Jules

Aitch said...

Yup, he's another favourite with me!