Sunday, 11 September 2011

Happi Days!

Well, a great time was had by all at the Happi Days dog daycare centre open day. When I got up the wind was howling and the rain was lashing down but thankfully, by the time I went to load up the van it had brightened up. The wind was always going to be a bit of a problem displaying my art works at an outdoor event, so I opted to just take a small display and use it as a bit of a showcase, hopefully talking to a lot of people, concentrating on driving a bit more traffic to my website and maybe pick up a dog portrait commission or two.



I'm so pleased I didn't cancel because it was a really fun day. Several of the other crafters had cancelled which was a shame so there were only a few of us displaying our wares.


 





I took Murphy along for company, I wasn't sure how he would behave being surrounded by literally hundreds of dogs with their owners but I shouldn't have worried, he was an absolute star.




During the afternoon there were dozens of events to watch or get involved in. We had various judgings in the arena for agility, obedience, etc. etc. Hey! Murphy got a rosette as 3rd most handsome dog in show! I can't show him wearing his rosette as Leon ate it before I had the chance to photograph him.






Later we had a band who were excellent.














They were called 'Piper' the talented female singer played various pipes as well as keyboards









We had a barbecue and bar too.
A raffle. It doesn't look too busy but I could only manage photos during the 'lulls' when there was more activity in the arena. It was packed all day really.
 Here's a rare picture of Murphy without tongue! Guarding my stall....that look....no wonder I didn't have much of a queue.

Finally it was time to pack up and go home, look at how tired Murphy looks! You can just make out Leon's back-side flashing through this photo. He only came for a short time but didn't stop belting around for a second.

So it was a smashing day, much cash was raised for the Guide Dogs and I made a few small sales too. Looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

Carolann said...

Sounds like a good day. Could you let me know the contact for next year please?

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it!