Thursday, 29 December 2011

Stag...attempt 2

Regular visitors will remember several weeks ago, my attempt at a pastel painting of a red deer stag which sadly ended up in the bin. Well the last few days I have been attempting the same picture again. It's now finished....I'm not too sure about it yet.
 This is from another fine reference photograph off the Paint My Photo website. I used Fabriano Mi-Tientes pastel paper with my Pitt pastel pencils, as well as soft pastels for the background. I was OK (as before) drawing the stag with my pastel pencils but was unsure about how to finish the background. I didn't want to ruin it and have perhaps played it a little 'safe' by leaving a lot of space and creating a misty effect. It would have been so easy to lose the stag in a busy colourful background, so I think this will suffice.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

This is great, I don't think the background needs to be touched at all.

Marja's Stamp Addiction & Marja's Creativity said...

Hi Peter, this is a great painting. Fabulous. I walked though your Blog and uyou makes beautiful work. I am a beginner and live in the Netherlands. I started a few days ago my Painting Blog (Marja's Creativity) bedisde my Stamping Blog. I will come back for sure and wish you a very Happy New Year.
Lovely greet
Marja

Peter Williams said...

Thanks and welcome Marja and happy new year to you too.

Ingrid Ormestad said...

Still a beauty!