Saturday, 28 January 2012

Vantage Completed!

Finally finished yesterday morning. It is 16 x 24 inches, pencil on Stonehenge paper. I was a little worried about this one, right up until the end. Having used 4 different reference photographs and also invented quite a bit of the scene I was concerned about the scale of each cheetah compared to the others, trying to bring the crouching one forward and pushing the others back in turn. Also the lighting had to be similar for all of them, whereas in the refs they were all lit from different directions.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the result (although my wrist has seized up again after 2 weeks of quite hard work)

Today I will start on the mounting and framing, then I will upload it for sale to the Mighty Fine Art website as well as others.