Friday, 17 February 2012

Where There Is Light


Can you see the light as far as the eyes can see
From this point above the world
where mortals dare their destiny
As it radiates, may I witness open-eyed
Let me remain where there is light

In want of courage it is a shield for me

In want of hope it reassures and carries me
As it radiates, may I witness open-eyed
Let me remain where there is light

an excerpt from a song by VNV Nation


This drawing was inspired by the above lyrics as well as a couple of photographs found on the Paint My Photo website. The first one here, an irresistable one from David Stribbling was where I took the face from, but it wasn't the pose I wanted for my composition.







I therefore studied several others from the site, mainly this one of Nigel's and sketched the  head onto a body which suited my purposes.

1 comment:

sue said...

Lovely drawing of a beautiful creature (even if it has been cobbled together from two different cats) :-) I love all the big cats - so majestic.

Thanks for letting me know you used one of my PMP images in a recent drawing Peter - I had computer problems and couldn't get back to you at the time.