Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Cats Eyes

I have decided to make an effort to get back into pastel paintings. I used to use pastel a lot but sort of lost interest a while ago and, although I have produced one or two over recent times, I haven't really made much headway. So I've just ordered a pack of decent paper to use, after a bit of research I'm going for Clairefontaine Pastelmat and once it arrives I'll hope to get some large wildlife work done.

In the meantime, while I'm awaiting my delivery I found a small offcut scrap of Colorfix paper in my paper cupboard so decided to have a wee practice to try and get my eye in. It was only a small piece so my painting only measures 8.5 x 5.5 inches. I used a photograph from the Paint My Photo website for reference and cropped it down accordingly.
He turned out quite well I think and it's got me enthusiastic about starting on something larger. Roll on next week.

No comments: