Then last week I was offered a job lot of various brands of good quality watercolour papers from one of my fellow stall holders at a craft fair.
So, having a short break from my queue of pencil commissions, today I set about trying them out. I decided to keep things quite simple having not had a chance to paint for a while. Using a new brush, strange (to me) paper and different paints to my usual, I wasn't expecting too much. Below is the result, which I completed in one session of about 5 hours. Approximately 14 x 10 inches Daniel Smith watercolours on Arches 140lb Hot Pressed paper.
I think I could have done a bit better but I'm a bit out of practice. These paints really granulate beautifully and surprising, subtle colours unexpectedly seep out as they dry. I love them. Hopefully someone will like this. I'll pop it in a frame later in the week and should get another watercolour done tomorrow before getting back to grips with my pencils for the final commissions.