Saturday, 14 July 2012

Diving Otter completed

A few snaps of my recently completed 'Diving Otter' wood carving. Made from a piece of 'found' yew and mounted onto a lump of drift wood I picked up off the beach, it stands about 17 inches tall.
I'm quite pleased with it for a first attempt, although I think I can do better now that I've learnt a bit more what I'm doing.

My next project will be a bit smaller and more intricate, a kingfisher. I have a nice piece of yet unidentified wood to use. I think it may be horse chestnut, and now I've given my tools a bit more of a sharpen I'm finding it a bit easier to work with. .....no blood spillage yet....

3 comments:

Christine Twomey said...

Hi Peter, I love your otter, and I can't wait to see the Kingfisher! And by the way, I love reading your blog....you always make me smile

Peter Williams said...

Thanks Christine. I often wonder if anyone is reading my ravings...thanks for the comment.

fine art said...

Wow, very wonderful work. Wood carving is an art that I really admire. Looking forward to see the Kingfisher.