Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Spaniels Completed

There we are. A4 size, graphite pencils on Bristol board. I think I'll be having a break from the pencils for a few days while I frame this and then perhaps get some watercolours done. Once I'm suitably refreshed it's on to the large ferret drawing....a bit daunting.
Quite a productive morning as, before I could settle down to get some work done I had to give Murphy a good bath. My word! It's like wrestling a huge grizzly bear which, once wet, becomes as slippery as a jelly fish...in an oil bath... He does NOT like a bath. But now he is dry he's a big ginger fluffy ball...won't last long, once he gets to the beach this afternoon.

5 comments:

Sharon Whitley said...

Haha - same here with Holly - she loves water and will swim forever in rivers, lakes and the sea - but try to give her a bath!!!!!!! Just got back from the beach with her - so she's covered in sea salt and sand - beautiful pencil portrait, how long does something like this take you

Peter Williams said...

Thanks Sharon. Well this one is relatively small, but is a double header so it took about 12 hours to complete. Then I've to frame it....a couple more hours for that.

Ingrid Ormestad said...

Kirrie .. our black Lab was the same. She too loved the sea, we couldn't keep her out, yet we had to drag her on her leash to the shower! I tried bathing her in the garden but she got she would dash to her bed if we got the garden hose out ... she was special! Love your Spaniels Pete, the eyes on the one on the right remind me of our Spaniel, Holly ... now she was one character! :)

ESP said...

And well worth the effort on all counts - all dogs concerned look fantastically well turned out. ;o)

Susan said...

Spaniel drawing is fabulous.