Monday, 23 July 2012

The Old Workshop, Snape Maltings

I've been having a bit of difficulty sourcing a space for my next solo exhibition locally. I can always use the Cinema Gallery in Aldeburgh which I did in the Spring, but wanted to find another venue for a change.

I was pleased today to confirm my booking at the 'Old Workshop', a gallery space at Snape Maltings in Suffolk. I've booked for a week in November and will post more details nearer the time. For those not from this area, Snape Maltings is a very well known and much visited place with lots of shops, a cafe, pub, concert hall as well as some residential properties. Positioned right on the river from where regular boat trips come and go. It really should get a lot of foot fall and I'm hopeful of a successful exhibition.

Here are a few snaps I took of the place while I was there. (I didn't get any of the inside as my battery ran out, but it's a really nice light and airy room, even though it doesn't look it from these shots)


 Above is the old workshop building. Totally clad in ivy, it should be warm enough in November when I stage my exhibition.
 As you can see, it's right beside the river and Quay.
 This is a view from the window at the back.
 Above is a view of the Maltings from the reed beds to the East....it seems someone has done a bit of fly-tipping. I hope they clear that away soon.....
The cafe and a view of the front of the Maltings.

No comments: