Saturday, 13 October 2012

Snow Patrol

Here is my latest watercolour which is about 15 x 21 inches on paper.
One of my favourite watercolour artists is a guy named Morten Solberg who paints these loose yet dramatic wildlife scenes and landscapes. Every now and again I try to accomplish something in a similar style, most of which end up in the bin. This one seemed to go well though, taking about 8 hours in all (over 2 days) Still plenty of room for improvement but I'm happy with it. I again used my new set of Daniel Smith watercolours which give a beautiful graining effect and texture. It was finished off with a good splattering of white gouache, fired from a tooth brush to give the snow effect.

I'll be framing it next week when I get a new delivery of mouldings and then added to the Mighty Fine Art website for sale (also will be going to my exhibition in Snape early next month)

1 comment:

Judith Farnworth Art said...

Hi Peter have just been checking out Morten E Solberg..... fantastic!!What a lot to learn from him, there seem to be Eastern influences in his work, really like him and I like your painting too....you area very skilful watercolourist (amongst your other talents!!)