Thursday, 18 October 2012

Zebra Panarama

This week I produced this pencil drawing on Stonehenge paper. It's about 20.5 x 8 inches and I used a reference photograph taken by the highly talented Billy Dodson of Savannah Images.

I have to say it was a bit of a struggle to maintain my interest in this as, using Stonehenge paper which has a bit of rough texture, and also working fairly small it was hard to get all those stripes to have neat crisp edges. The result is quite nice though and better in real life than my scan which looks a bit grainy. I'll get it framed over the weekend.

I'm relieved to say that I now think I have enough new work for my forthcoming exhibition at Snape in November, I can relax a bit now although I may have time to complete one or two more.

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

i really like this drawing a lot!! you did a beautiful job rendering it!!