Wednesday, 21 November 2012

All the Right Notes, Just Not Necessarily In The Right Order

A few years ago we had to dispose of our old, upright piano. The cast iron frame inside was warped and it could never be tuned properly. Far too heavy and bulky to shift easily, myself and a friend had a bit of fun in the back garden with a couple of sledge hammers. What a racket!

Ever since then, I've had the title for a painting in my head. Based on the old classic Morcambe and Wise sketch with Andre Previn. I was going to paint a kitten on the keyboard but thought that might be a bit too twee, so I chose a little parrot instead.
All The Right Notes, Just In The Wrong Order
This watercolour painting measures about 15 x 12 inches, using Daniel Smith paints on W&N 140lb paper.

3 comments:

raVen MacKay said...

Wow! This is awesome! Great job! Love it! :)

raVen MacKay said...

Oh wow! Great job! It's fantasic! Love it!

Helen H Trachy said...

I just happened to see your post on Katherine Thomas blog. Very happy to visit you and watch this wonderful work of yours. Congrat on a fine piece!