Wednesday, 7 November 2012

The Carnival Is Over

Another relatively quick watercolour (completed in one day) using a reference photograph from the Paint My Photo website. These are mostly my Daniel Smith watercolours and it's a good example of the granulation effects and the subtle colours that diffuse and appear from the washes as they dry.

I'm told clowns are not a good subject for a painting as a lot of people don't like them, but I couldn't resist this scene....not too scary is it?

As the figures are mainly black and white, it was fun getting so much colour into the painting without overpowering them too much.

2 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

This is typically not the sort of art I am drawn to , but I just love it...the whole composition, colors and expressions just work beautifully together!! Awesome piece!!

Peter Williams said...

Thankyou Kathryn