Monday, 21 January 2013

The Pear and the Tortoise

The Pear and the Tortoise ~ 10 x 14 inches watercolour on Arches Aquarelle
I've been enjoying this series of 'still life' paintings that I've been creating recently, they are far more interesting to do than I expected, especially with the addition of a creature or two to add interest.

For this one I used two reference photographs from the Paint My Photo website (the Mexican pots and the tortoise) and then added a couple of pears for some additional colour and different texture.

I'll be framing this one as soon as I can get into my workshop but I have so many more ideas for paintings. Given the choice of spending the day in my warm and comfortable studio painting, or freezing to death in my workshop making frames.....well only one winner.

1 comment:

Julia Ruffles | wildlife artist said...

One of my favs I think Peter! Such a rich tone inthe way you use your 'browns' juicy pears :) Jules