Thursday, 17 January 2013

Unchain My Heart

This weeks painting has a slight Valentine's Day theme, although I thought I'd give it a bit of a twist by adding a lily rather than a rose. Perhaps it describes someone who has lost the love of their life and can't move on.......

I used my own photograph of some chains on Southwold beach, along with another from Paint My Photo from which I got the idea for the padlock.....and of course I happened to be playing Joe Cocker's album including 'Unchain My Heart' which gave me the title.

This is 14 x 9 inches, watercolour on Arches Aquarelle paper, painted with Daniel Smith paints.

2 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

This a gorgeous painting! The depth of colors and the shadows are wonderful! I also really like the composition and the story the piece tells.

Peter Williams said...

Thank you Katherine