Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Wild Thing

It was sad to hear of the death of dear old Reg Presley recently, The Troggs were one of those bands I grew up with. I remember, aged about 14, going out and buying an ocarina so that I could learn the solo from 'Wild Thing'. It was the only tune I ever learned to play on it..... I recently discovered my ocarina displayed as an ornament on my brother's sideboard.

Ever since I read of his demise I have had the song 'Wild Thing' buzzing around my head. So here is my latest watercolour in my still-life series featuring an ocarina as well as my old harmonica and a guitar as a back drop. It wouldn't really be me if I didn't include a creature of some sort so I've re-painted my rat from a few paintings ago (which sold rather quickly) and I've called it 'Wild Thing'
Does it make your heart sing? .....Groovy.
 

2 comments:

marc calvo said...

Bery cute mouse picture!.Salutations from Catalonia!.

Kathryn Hansen said...

never heard of a ocarina before...but it adds a nice color touch!! the mouse is soo cute!!!