Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Whisky In The Jar

My painting for this week. 11 x 15.5 inches. Again I have used my Daniel Smith watercolours on a piece of Arches. The whisky jar was one I had on my shelf and I've added a few other things to make up a composition. I've always had a lot of trouble painting anything with writing on it, it always turns out looking like a 5 year old wrote it. So I spent a long time on the writing this time, attempting to get it right. It's far from perfect but it'll do I think.

5 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Ilove this series of still life's you're doing (with additional wildlife of course) ... and the writing looks good to me but I'm on my second glass of vino so what do I know?? LOL

Peter Williams said...

Thanks Sue. I was quite happy with it in the end but it took ages to do. Fair made my wrist ache. I wonder if there's an easy way. Sometimes I see paintings which, for instance may have a news paper in them and it looks perfect.

Kathryn Hansen said...

another sweet still life...love the mice you put in them!! and your writing looks pretty darn good to me...that took a lot of patience!!

Studio at the Farm said...

I just discovered your blog. Your work is brilliant!

Studio at the Farm said...

I just [fortunately] found your blog. Your work is brilliant! Really a joy to behold.