Friday, 12 April 2013

Rainbows and Pots of Gold ~ complete

Rainbows and Pots of Gold
14 x 11 inches watercolour on Arches Aquarelle paper
A word of advice, probably not the best idea to work all day on a painting when you are not feeling well. I was feeling particularly grim yesterday but persevered with my painting, very nearly completing it. When I went back to it this morning feeling much better today, I realised what a complete pigs ear I had made of it. So I spent the first couple of hours stripping back as best I could, 90% of yesterdays work. Mostly the scarf and little dog.

I've re-panted it now and, although I'm not totally happy with it (are we ever?) I'm going to leave it for a day or two. Hopefully now I've stopped toiling over it, if I come back to it tomorrow I can look at it more objectively.

Thanks again to Jo Sheppard for allowing me to use her photograph for reference.

2 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

That's a really interesting painting Peter - love the vibrant colours.

Kathryn Hansen said...

wonderful painting!! just love the colors and textures!!