Friday, 17 May 2013

Bad Hair Day

Poor old Murphy had another traumatic experience today. I've been feeling a lot better recently so we went on a slightly longer walk than I've been able to do of late. We ended up in Thorpeness and headed back the long way through the farms and conservation area. What I hadn't realised was that every field between Thorpeness and where I'd left the car was packed full of pigs, more pigs than I've ever seen before. We have horizon to horizon pigs!

I was quick to put little Leon on his lead, but thought I could trust old Murphy. Wrong!

Spotting a gap in the hedgerow he shot off, belted through the fence at full tilt and proceeded to round up all of the pigs. It was like bloody Rawhide on speed. The pigs were not impressed, the noise was horrendous. A particularly meaty looking sow, the obvious object of his affection decided to see him off. I called him back and, give him his due, he came straight away but navigating the fence at walking pace gave him quite a surprise.... it being an electric fence. He let out an almighty roar, the pigs stampeded, the sow was laughing I swear. Leon was bouncing up and down like a yoyo with excitement. A very large pig farmer started across the field toward us... time to get out of there... Murphy was having no more of that electrickery but found his way to the gate and managed to scramble over it. We made off sharpish. Poor old Murph still looks like a demented Tasmanian Devil but I bet he won't do that again in a hurry.

1 comment:

Studio at the Farm said...

Poor Murph. He has my sympathy. I can't count the number of times I've been zapped by the electric wire.