Saturday, 10 August 2013

Girl With The Poor Hearing

It's been a bit manic lately with one thing and another, so not blogged much. I have still been painting sporadically in between other things. Above is my latest watercolour.

It's about 15.5 x 11.5 inches, Daniel Smith paints on Arches paper. As you can see it's a bit of a twist on the classic Vermeer painting 'Girl With A Pearl Earring'. I've used a few of my new iridescent paints on this one, on the sleeves and a bit on the head dress. Of course the effect doesn't come out on my scan, but they are quite effective when used sparingly.

I did another painting when I first received them and I must admit I went a bit over the top with this one.
It's almost entirely iridescent. I really just wanted to see how these paints performed and what effects they can have. I had a reference photo from the Paint My Photo website for this one and just let rip, quite a bit of spattering and splashing to finish (Ooer missus)
Tomorrow I had better start on some framing. I've been putting it off as my garden workshop has been like an oven lately. Thankfully it may just be bearable again now.

No comments: