Saturday, 2 November 2013

A pack of Wolves

Now my eyes are back to normal I've been painting up a storm, trying to re-stock with some new work for my forthcoming exhibition at Snape Maltings in 3 weeks time.

I decided I'd paint some small pieces which might be easier to sell, and seeing as how I have a good selection of wolf reference pictures to choose from, this is what I've done so far.

Every Breath I Take
 The first is mixed media, 5 x 10 inches and I used watercolour, soft pastel, gouache and some Daniel Smith watercolour ground.
One Last Song
 This one is just 8 x 5.5 inches and created with pastel pencils on Pastelmat.

Woodland Spirit
The last one is also pastel pencils on Pastelmat and measures 8 x 6.5 inches. It sold straight away from Facebook, so I'm going to have to paint another now!

3 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

all 3 are just beautiful, but i REALLY love, love, love the first one!!! wonderful work!!!

Sue Clinker said...

Great to see you back on form Peter. Your wolves are fantastic.

Nancy Goldman said...

These are all really beautiful Peter.