Saturday, 10 January 2015

New work in 2015

Getting back into the swing of things I've completed two new pieces so far in 2015. The first is entitled 'Team Spirit' which I have to admit was a bit of a struggle with the constant interruptions and visitors over the New Year period. Too many distractions meant I appeared to be fighting with it all the way and was glad to finish it but since posting it online I've had great feedback so perhaps it's just me. It's a watercolour, size 20.5 x 13.5 and is for sale unframed from my Mighty Fine Art website at quite a low price comparatively. It's also for sale on Artfinder  at slightly less but there is postage to pay there.
Team Spirit

The next piece, which I've only just finished is created with pastel and it was much more enjoyable to work on, even though it took many hours. It's a snow leopard and the composition includes my first proper attempt at depicting ice and snow. I could have done more but I rather like the semi-abstract background which I came up with. This painting measures 18.5 x 12.5 inches and will be sold mounted and framed. I think it's turned out rather well.
Fire and Ice

No comments: